lauantai 19. kesäkuuta 2010

Friday/Perjantai


I was at my studio for about 5 hours. I continued a 110 x 110 cm painting that I've been making for at least a month now. I'll post a pic some day. It's composed of small question marks that seem like golden rain. After that I tested on a new idea called Artist's Prints. They are made in ink or watercolor on japanese and western paper pressing with my index finger. If the paint runs out from my finger I'll dip it again. It creates a nice natural flow in the analytical composition. I'm trying to renew my painting practise to a more conceptual side...or at least for now. My plans keep changing alot. One day I'll stick in what I know and on another day I'm screaming for a change. The pieces look like minimalism but there is some subject matter of painters identity and asian vs. western painting traditions. Not forgetting enthropy and the natural laws playing quite visibly. I'm also quite new in using color cos my paintings are usually made in silver, gold or black and white.

Viisi tuntia työhuoneella perjantaina. Ensin tein suurempaa maalusta, jota olenkin tehnyt yli kuukauden. Pieniä kultaisia kysymysmerkkejä, jotka näyttävät tippuvan. Sen jälkeen testailin mustavalkeilla mustesormenpainalluksilla ja värillisillä vesiväripainalluksilla. Mustavalkeat työt on tehty japaninpaperille ja värilliset akvarellipaperille. Minimalismilta näyttää, mutta sormenjäljet ja media tuovat mukaan uusia sisällöllisiä elementtejä kuten taiteilijaidentiteetin ja aasialaisen/länsimaisen taiteen perinteen. Yritän viedä työskentelyäni käsitteellisempään suuntaan, mutta ensi viikolla voi olla jo eri ääni kellossa ja pitäydyn tiukasti vanhassa...mene ja tiedä.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti